Establish a Baseline 2/16 Ratio and Monitor Treatment Response
The Estrogen Metabolism Assessment™ is a urinary hormone test that is used for assessing the classic 2/16 ratio. This targeted urinary hormone test provides measurement of select hydroxyestrogens, 2-hydroxyestrone and 16α-hydroxyestrone and is allows for initial assessment of the 2/16 ratio as well as follow-up testing to monitor response to hormone therapies.
Why use the Estrogen Metabolism Assessment profile?
In conventional hormone testing, basic parent hormones (estrogens, progesterone, etc.) are usually measured in blood. However, urinary hormone testing provides several advantages:
- Urinary hormone testing provides a more comprehensive look at hormone metabolism, measuring basic parent hormones, as well as compounds produced from parent hormones
- Convenient, at-home collection of a first-morning or 24-hour specimen
Latest posts by Keesha Ewers (see all)
- Autoimmune Paleo Easter Brunch Waffles - April 18, 2019
- How Functional Medicine Is Failing to Treat Autoimmune Disease … Naturally - April 18, 2019
- Spring Sweet Potatoes and Kale - March 22, 2019