- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 yellow organic onions diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 4-inch piece of organic ginger peeled and minced
- 3-inches fresh organic turmeric peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 3 pounds organic carrots peeled and chopped
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups coconut milk
- black pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh organic parsley for garnish
- 1 organic tangelo
- In a large pot over medium heat, sauté the coconut oil and onion. Stir while cooking. Once the onions turn lightly transparent – about 3-5 minutes – add in the garlic, ginger, turmeric, cinnamon, cayenne, paprika, and salt. Sauté the mixture for about 1 minute and then add in the carrots, broth, coconut milk, and water. (You can use only water if you wish for the liquid).
- Once the mixture reaches a boil, reduce heat to a simmer. Cover the pot with a lid and simmer for 30 minutes.
- When the carrots are tender remove the soup from the heat and blend the mixture with the peeled tangelo until smooth and serve with a garnish of your favorite fresh herbs, chopped.
Ginger, as you may already know, is a panacea of sorts. It has anti-inflammatory effects and helps to protect against cancer. Turmeric’s benefits are just as potent. It offers a slew of benefits, including boosting brain health, reducing stress, preventing cancer, balancing blood sugar levels, and relieving pain. Meanwhile, cayenne works to boost circulation and garlic asserts it antimicrobial, antibacterial, and antiviral dominance. Cinnamon offers a warming sensation and a unique flavor.