Trauma and cancer are two distinct yet interconnected health concerns that can have profound impacts on the physical and emotional well-being of those who experience it.
Past trauma will affect everything from the ability to cope with difficult diagnoses to navigating treatments and lifestyle changes, and even fears of recurrence – but did you know that trauma also significantly influences your ability to develop cancer in the first place?
In this episode, Dr. Keesha and Regan Claire explore beyond the physical and biological effects of trauma and tap into the impact trauma has on the mind and the habits of the mind – which can ultimately lead to the development of cancer and autoimmune disease.
Tune in to learn more about:
- [01:17] – The adaptive behavior response
- [05:06] – What do hormones have to do with it?
- [06:38] – The effect of stress on the body
- [08:00] – How to address trauma
- [15:51] – The importance of boundaries and communication
- [20:48] – Working with Regan and Dr. Keesha
Prefer video? Watch the full interview below: