The average time allotted by insurance companies for a medical office visit is 6 minutes. Hardly enough time to meet, greet, and write a prescription for a pill to help the current ill (or what is called “chief complaint”). Health professionals have to find ways to help their clients get the most benefit in the shortest amount of time. One of the easiest and most effective interventions I use with my patients is the practice of gratitude, or what I call adopting a “gratitude attitude.” [Read more…] about A Gratitude Attitude Helps to Reverse Autoimmune Disease
Quick and Easy Chia Pudding
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup coconut milk (or coconut cream)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch of sea salt
- Cinnamon, shredded coconut, or fruit (optional)
- Place coconut milk in a mason jar and add chia seeds, salt, cinnamon and vanilla. Shake vigorously. Place in the fridge.
- Chill until pudding consistency. Add toppings as desired.
Quick and Easy Almond Butter Coconut balls
Prep time: 15 Min
- 1 cup almond butter (or use sunflower seed butter if there’s a nut allergy)
- 2 tablespoon ground flaxseeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Unsweetened coconut shreds
- Honey or stevia to taste
- Pinch of sea salt
- Mix all ingredients in mixing bowl and stir with spoon until well blended. You can add cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, or other spices if you want a different taste.
- Roll into walnut size balls.
- Roll into coconut shreds to coat.
- Place on a plate and chill. ENJOY!
Of late I have personally been dealing with grief and loss, I have been supporting people in my community who are suffering from tragic loss, and I have been aware of a lot of tragic loss on a more environmental and global level. How do we heal from grief and loss? [Read more…] about Heal from Grief and Loss
About eight years ago, after finishing another graduate degree, I was literally dragging myself out of bed every morning. I went from an energetic woman who hopped out of bed every morning to go running to a woman who kept hitting the snooze button on the alarm clock. I felt myself fighting falling asleep every afternoon at work. I couldn’t wait to go to bed every night; in fact, it was my new favorite time of day! I was exhausted. My memory was shot. I had been used to remembering every single patient’s story and plan of care without having to refer to their chart. In fact, many of my patients were amazed at what I considered a “normal memory.” However, with the extreme fatigue came extreme brain fog. I became alarmed and started searching for answers. [Read more…] about 5 Natural Remedies for the Energy-Sucking Epstein Barr Virus
Not so long ago, shamans were being wiped out and oppressed in countries all over the world. In some places people couldn’t even own a drum. Today, many people do not understand what a shaman is or what shamanism means. There are misunderstandings within churches because religious leaders, not knowing what shamans do, may preach that shamanic practices go against Christianity, Islam, or Judaism. This is really based on a misconception. Healing is at the heart of shamanism. [Read more…] about Reclaiming Your Health the Shamanic Way