As you may have noticed from social media, my blog, my recipe books, my book, etc., etc., I usually eat Paleo!
Paleo means NO dairy, grains (gluten), refined sugar, legumes, refined vegetable oils, potatoes, and processed foods. I know that sounds like a lot, but what’s left over is food that’s (generally) really nutritious and great for our bodies – grass-fed meats, fish/seafood, fresh fruit and veggies, eggs, nuts and seeds, and healthful oils.
Now, you will always hear me say that not one lifestyle or one diet fits all – not even Paleo – BUT if you are having food, weight, or health issues, Paleo might be a good place for you to start!
I mostly eat Paleo – it’s all about balance – but I don’t like to deprive myself, so I get creative! Here is my Paleo Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe for your sweet tooth without all the guilt —
- 4 ripe bananas
- 8 pastured eggs
- 1 cup smooth almond butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 TBSP pure vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 ½ cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a silicone “bread pan”.
- Mash the bananas and whisk in almond butter, eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Combine the almond and tapioca flour, baking soda, spices, and salt in another bowl.
- Blend all ingredients together and then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into bread pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out mostly clean.
- Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes and then remove from pan to cooling rack. Enjoy!
Keep on the look out for more recipes and blog posts.