As you may have noticed from social media, my blog, my recipe books, my book, etc., etc., I usually eat Paleo!
Paleo means NO dairy, grains (gluten), refined sugar, legumes, refined vegetable oils, potatoes, and processed foods. I know that sounds like a lot, but what’s left over is food that’s (generally) really nutritious and great for our bodies – grass-fed meats, fish/seafood, fresh fruit and veggies, eggs, nuts and seeds, and healthful oils.
Now, you will always hear me say that not one lifestyle or one diet fits all – not even Paleo – BUT if you are having food, weight, or health issues, Paleo might be a good place for you to start!
I mostly eat Paleo – it’s all about balance – but I don’t like to deprive myself, so I get creative! Here is my Paleo Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe for your sweet tooth without all the guilt —
- 4 ripe bananas
- 8 pastured eggs
- 1 cup smooth almond butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 TBSP pure vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 ½ cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a silicone “bread pan”.
- Mash the bananas and whisk in almond butter, eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Combine the almond and tapioca flour, baking soda, spices, and salt in another bowl.
- Blend all ingredients together and then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into bread pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out mostly clean.
- Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes and then remove from pan to cooling rack. Enjoy!
Keep on the look out for more recipes and blog posts.
If you haven’t gotten my free recipe book for weight-loss yet, CLICK HERE!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.