This is great for dipping organic veggies and gluten free almond crackers in!
- 1 small beet
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 can organic garbanzo beans 15 oz
- juice of half a lemon
- sea salt to taste
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil give or take
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and place oven rack in center position.
- Wash beet well, cut off ends, wrap in foil and place in the oven for about 40 minutes or until soft enough for a fork to easily pierce.
- Remove beet and allow to cool.
- Place garlic in food processor and mince.
- Add garbanzo beans, beet, sea salt and lemon juice, process while slowly pouring in olive oil.
- Check consistency, if needed add a little more oil.
- When consistency is to your liking, taste and see what you think. If needed add more salt.
- Place hummus in a bowl and surround with veggies and GF crackers.
Assorted veggies of your choice I used carrots, radishes, peeled and sliced cucumbers, red, yellow and orange bell peppers (roasted), cherry tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower and jicama .