Spring is around the corner and sometimes you just need a bowl of green goodness to get you energized from the inside out. This soup delicious, nutritious, and beautifully bursting with vitamins, minerals, iron, magnesium and antioxidants. You can add my beef collagen to boost the protein and add some crunch with toasted seeds.
- 5 cups washed organic chopped broccoli
- 1 bunch washed organic dino kale removed from stems and torn into small pieces
- 2 cups washed organic spinach or other green leafy vegetable
- Optional: 1 cup organic carrots or other vegetables as desired
- 1 Tablespoon organic Coconut Oil
- 1 large organic yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 7 cups free range chicken stock
- 1 cup organic full fat coconut milk
- Topping: roasted seeds, coconut milk and raw tahini as desired
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat and add in the garlic and onion. Sprinkle in the cumin, salt and pepper and stir well. Stir until the onions are translucent.
- Add the vegetables to the pan and stir. Pour in the stock and stir again. Bring to a simmer and cover with a well fitted lid. Simmer until the vegetables are tender.
- Transfer the soup to our high-powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Return the soup to the pot and stir in the coconut milk over medium heat until heated through.
- Serve with toasted seeds in a bowl and drizzle with tahini and coconut milk. Enjoy!