A Non-Invasive Personalized Nutritional Assessment
1: If you have NOT filled out patient demographics and/or consulted with Dr. Keesha in the last year, fill out the Patient Demographic Info form. This form MUST be on file to consult with Dr. Keesha. If you have done this form or are an existing client and have been seen within the last year, by pass this.
2: Read the Metabolomix+ testing tips and download the Before You Begin instructions.
3: Click here to download urine and buccal swab collection instructions.
4: Click here to download bloodspot collection instructions.
Metabolomix+ is one of the most comprehensive functional and nutritional assessments available. It is designed to help practitioners identify root causes of dysfunction and provide a systems-based approach to help patients overcome chronic conditions and live a healthier life.
The Metabolomix+ report offers:
• Nutrient recommendations for key vitamins, minerals, amino acids, fatty acids, and digestive support
• Functional pillars with a built-in scoring system to guide therapy around needs for methylation support, toxic exposures, mitochondrial dysfunction, fatty acid imbalances, and oxidative stress
• Interpretation-At-A-Glance pages for patient education
• Dynamic biochemical pathway charts for clearer understanding
Metabolomix+ testing is effective for patient concerns such as: Mood Disorders, Mitochondrial Dysfunction, Fatigue, Chronic Stress, Inflammation
Several diseases are associated with abnormal organic acid, amino acid, and fatty acid levels such as depression, anxiety, cardiovascular disease, neurocognitive decline, diabetes, cancer, anorexia, and many others.
The Metabolomix+ Profile report categorizes results into several metabolic areas:
• Organic Acids (urine)
• Malabsorption and Dysbiosis Markers are metabolites produced by the gastrointestinal microbiome
• Amino Acids (urine)
• Essential Amino Acids must be derived from dietary sources
• Nonessential Amino Acids are synthesized by the body
• Intermediary Metabolites are byproducts of amino acid metabolism
• Dietary Peptide Related Markers can indicate incomplete protein breakdown
• Oxidative Stress Markers (urine) include the oxidative damage markers lipid peroxides and 8-OHdG
• Essential and Metabolic Fatty Acids – Bloodspot
• Omega 3 Fatty Acids are essential for brain function and cardiovascular health and are anti-inflammatory
• Omega 6 Fatty Acids are involved in the balance of inflammation
• Omega 9 Fatty Acids are important for brain growth, nerve cell myelin, and reducing inflammation
• Saturated Fatty Acids are involved in liproprotein metabolism and adipose tissue inflammation
• Monounsaturated Fats include omega 7 fats and unhealthy trans fats
• Delta-6 Desaturase Activity assesses efficiency of this enzyme to metabolize omega 6’s and omega 3’s
• Cardiovascular Risk includes specific ratios and the Omega 3 Index
• Nutrient and Toxic Elements – urine assesses 20 toxic and 15 mineral elements
IMPORTANT: Ordering these laboratory tests requires a 25-minute, Report of Findings Appointment Dr. Keesha. A $298.50 fee for this appointment will be added to your order. Information on how to schedule your appointment will be included in your purchase invoice.
This test kit is only available in the United State. NOT Available in Canada. Call Dr. Keesha’s office for more information 425-391-3376.