Symptoms of Mold toxicity and Mycotoxin Related Illnesses
1. Fatigue, exhaustion, low endurance
2. Headache, heaviness, fogginess
3. Disorientation, memory changes, difficulty concentrating
4. Abdominal pain, bloating, diarrhea
5. Electric shocks and numbness and tingling of extremities
6. Dizziness, lightheadedness, vertigo
7. Metallic taste in mouth
8. Skin rashes, outbreaks
9. Joint pain, stiffness
10. Respiratory issues-shortness of breath, sinus congestion, cough
11. Mood swings, sweats, chills, appetite changes
12. Watery eyes, red eyes, blurred vision, eye pain
13. Muscle twitching, weakness, cramping
14. Urinary frequency, increased thirst, blood sugar imbalance
15. Autoimmune flare
Why is Mold Potentially Dangerous?
Mold toxins can damage your cells, impact your immune system, cause cancer and birth defects, impair the nervous system, and alter mitochondrial function.
It’s thought that over 50% of all buildings have had some sort of water damage (in the United States). This is what happened in my home when a shower on the upper level began leaking behind the walls and then created a mold issue in three other bathrooms in the levels below it. It had been hidden for years. Plus, I live in the Pacific Northwest where the humidity can climb above the recommended 50% rate often.
Recommendations to Prevent Mold Growth and Toxicity:
• Keep the humidity in your environment <50%.
• Get any water leaks cleaned and dried within 24 hours.
• Take the right supplements (listed below).
• Keep doors, windows, chimneys, roofs, bathrooms all sealed and caulked well.
How Can You Test for Mold?
I will cover this in the May 5th webinar and provide a link and webinar special for those who attend LIVE: https://www.drkeesha.com/safe-detoxification-registration/
How do You Treat for Mold Toxicity?
The Autoimmune Puzzle is the framework we use in our practice to help people heal chronic issues. Mold is one of the corner pieces of the autoimmune puzzle that goes with the corner piece called toxins. It goes into the puzzle with other pieces: genetics, gut health, and how well you are dealing with stress and trauma. The more out of balance these other corner pieces are, the more mold will impact you.
Treatment includes removing the mold source above all else. Then taking supplements that support the body’s detoxification processes, immune system, gut health, and mitochondrial health are essential.
Here are my favorites:
1. For Detoxification: https://www.drkeesha.com/shop/complete-detox/
2. For the Immune System: https://www.drkeesha.com/shop/immuno-mod/
3. For the Gut: https://www.drkeesha.com/shop/immuno-gut-ef/
4. For Mitochondrial health: https://www.drkeesha.com/shop/immunocore/
5. For Inflammation: https://www.drkeesha.com/shop/inflammacore/
However, before taking anything to heal from mold toxicity, it’s important to know exactly what your body can handle. I do not prescribe supplements (including the ones listed here) without knowing what each individual body can handle and needs. Always test…don’t guess.
See you in the webinar! https://www.drkeesha.com/safe-detoxification-registration/
Here’s to your health!
- Paleo Blueberry Peach French Toast Casserole - August 2, 2022
- Trauma as the Missing Piece of the Autoimmune Puzzle - July 1, 2022
- Paleo Air Fryer Cauliflower Bites - July 1, 2022