One of the most powerful things we can do to reduce inflammation is to feed the body only what it asks for. If we feed it things it gets angry about, we wind up with inflammation and pain…and over time this can lead to autoimmune disease. So how do you know what your body is rejecting and what it wants from you? Do an IgG and IgA food sensitivity test every 9 months to keep track of your body’s requests for specific fuel (or food).
For those of us who have already reversed our autoimmunity, we know gluten is the enemy. There were many years that I didn’t eat noodles. However, these days there are non-inflammatory noodle options. One of those options is called shirataki noodles (also called miracle noodles). Following is a healthy main dish that is easy to throw together after a busy day. Shirataki noodles fill you up and are low calorie and low in carbohydrates.
- 1 TBSP avocado oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 spring onions, diced
- 1 cup broccoli flowerets chopped
- 2 carrots cut in strips
- 1/4 purple cabbage, shredded
- ¼ cup green peas
- ½ cup chopped green beans
- ½ red bell pepper cut in strips (if peppers ok for you)
- 1 package Shirataki noodles
- 2 TBSP almond butter
- 1 or 2 tsp sriracha sauce, depending on how spicy you want it
- 2 TBSP coconut aminos (or Braggs liquid aminos if occasional soy ok for you)
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Organic cilantro for garnish
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan on a medium heat and add the garlic and onions. Cook until the onions are translucent and then add the rest of the vegetables.
- Next rinse the noodles and add them to the vegetable mixture when the vegetables are al dente.
- When everything to desired tenderness add the almond butter, sriracha and liquid aminos. Stir into the vegetables and noodles to create a sauce and warm through. Serve topped with chopped organic cilantro and a sprinkle of sesame seeds on top.
- Paleo Blueberry Peach French Toast Casserole - August 2, 2022
- Trauma as the Missing Piece of the Autoimmune Puzzle - July 1, 2022
- Paleo Air Fryer Cauliflower Bites - July 1, 2022