This easy-to-make Paleo Pumpkin Bread is fantastic as a way to break your fast in the morning after you exercise, or you can dip it in some whisked eggs and pumpkin pie spice and cook it in the skillet as French toast. It’s naturally sweet with no sugars, dairy or grains and the warming spices of autumn bring a spicy tang to your taste buds.
- 3 eggs from happy hens
- 1 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup full fat organic coconut milk
- 1/3 cup Choc Zero monk fruit sweetened “maple syrup”
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch
- 1 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger root
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch fine grain sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a silicone loaf pan.
- Whisk together the eggs, pumpkin puree, coconut milk, “maple syrup”, grated ginger and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl combine the almond flour, arrowroot starch, coconut flour baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and salt.
- Now combine the wet and dry ingredients, stirring gently until well mixed.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean, and the top is deep golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit in the loaf pan for about 5 minutes. Remove from silicone loaf pan and cool on a wire rack.
- Allow the loaf to cool untouched for 2 hours before slicing.