Butternut Squash Chicken Chili is a delicious anti-inflammatory chili recipe. I love recipes with only a few ingredients that I can throw in my slow cooker or Instant Pot.
- 1 lb pastured boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup organic onion finely chopped
- 2.5 cups red or orange bell peppers chopped in small pieces (omit if nightshades cause you trouble)
- 1 cup roasted butternut squash (you can substitute acorn squash, carrots, sweet potatoes or pumpkin puree here too)
- 1.5 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup organic chicken broth
- 1 organic avocado peeled and sliced
- Place the chicken breasts along the bottom of the crockpot.
- Cover with mashed butternut squash, onions/peppers, lime juice, broth and spices.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- When cooked, take two forks and pull the chicken breasts apart. Allow the pulled chicken to marinate for a few minutes in the spicey broth.
- Garnish with the sliced avocado and serve. Yum!
NOTE: If you are vegetarian you can substitute red kidney beans for the chicken. You can also use ground turkey or ground bison instead of chicken.