Trauma is not physically held in our bodies – instead, it’s tucked away in the memory and emotional centers of the brain. In order to protect ourselves, it becomes a signal for the nervous system to activate whenever a similar situation occurs…
The problem with that is – you will habitually look for it to happen again and when our nervous system is constantly replaying that response, it becomes overactive – eventually leading to a flood of unwanted symptoms, complications, and ultimately disease.
In this week’s episode of Liberating Generations, Dr. Keesha and Regan Claire dive deep into the impact that trauma has on your immune system and why getting to the root of the problem is absolutely imperative for your health.
Tune in to learn more about:
- [00:44] – The missing pieces to autoimmunity
- [05:08] – Trauma and your nervous system
- [12:37] – Stress is a spiritual gymnasium
- [17:57] – What perceptions have to do with gut health
- [21:25] – Hypervigilant minds create hypervigilant immune systems
Prefer video? Watch the full interview below:
Connect with Regan Claire – Instagram: @tasteofliberation