The top 4 reasons people see me in my integrative medicine virtual practice or in my clinic is to get rid of some sort of pain. This might be stomach pain, digestive discomfort, menstrual cramps, joint pain, hot flashes or vaginal dryness, muscle weakness, migraines and headaches, trouble sleeping and emotional turmoil accentuated by depression and anxiety or mood swings. Inflammation is the root to all of these discomforts, in fact to all pain. I am talking about mental and emotional pain too. If you have inflammatory thoughts you will have painful emotions.
One of the most researched nutrients for reducing inflammation is omega 3 fish oil. Will eating fish get rid of all your ills? No. You have to sleep, exercise, manage your perception of stress, hang out with people you love, deal fully with your past emotional hurts, feel gratitude and appreciation for your life and eat a diet rich with vegetables and a few fruits and healthy fats and clean protein. But eating wild caught fish and taking a high grade fish oil (not from a Big Box store or drug store please) does help your progress to pain free living.
One of my favorite fish is salmon. I have a particular recipe that I love and am sharing with you here. It’s full of good fat, anti-inflammatory spices, and omega 3 oil. Try it and let me know what you think. Share it with someone you think needs to reduce inflammation.
Want more tips for making the transition from inflamed to invigorated? Go to www.DrKeesha.com and sign up for my mailing list. For live videos, up to date science, and recipes visit and like our Facebook page. Be sure to share these posts with the people in your life that you think will benefit so they too can feel fabulous!
Dr. Keesha’s Marinated Salmon
- 1 large salmon filet (wild caught)
- ½ bottle of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 TBSP stone ground mustard
- 1 TBSP minced garlic
- 1 TBSP fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp freshly grated ginger root
- 2 tsp freshly grated turmeric root
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper
- Mix all of the ingredients except the fish together. Place fish in 13×9 inch glass baking dish. Pour marinade over the top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake at 375 degrees F in the oven for 30 minutes or until the center flakes with a fork or grill. Serve with garlic mashed cauliflower and grilled asparagus sticks.
- Easy, fast and delicious.
Dr. Keesha Ewers, PhD, ARNP is a Doctor of Sexology, Psychotherapist, is board certified in Functional medicine and holds an advanced certification in Ayurvedic medicine, and is the founder and medical director of the Academy for Integrative Medicine Health Coach Certification Program.
Dr. Keesha has been in the medical field for over 30 years. After being diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis—an incurable disease according to Western medicine—she discovered how to reverse autoimmunity using her Freedom Framework® Method, which she has now used with thousands of her own patients and teaches to her health coach students in her online certification program.
- Paleo Blueberry Peach French Toast Casserole - August 2, 2022
- Trauma as the Missing Piece of the Autoimmune Puzzle - July 1, 2022
- Paleo Air Fryer Cauliflower Bites - July 1, 2022