- 1 medium head cauliflower
- avocado oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cups dried gluten free bread crumbs
- 1 tsp paprika
- sea salt
- Cut the cauliflower into bite-sized florets. Steam cauliflower for 5 minutes; then immediately plunge the cauliflower into cold water. Drain well and then blot with a cloth until they are dry as possible.
- Fill a large skillet 1/2 inch deep with avocado oil. With the burner on medium, heat the oil to 350F. Turn the burner down to low to maintain the temperature.
- While the oil is heating (it will take several minutes), take out two shallow bowls or pie plates. Break the eggs into one bowl and give them a quick mix. Pour the GF bread crumbs and paprika into the other and give it a stir.
- To coat the cauliflower florets, dip them into the egg, allowing most of the egg to drip off – you don’t want much egg on the cauliflower. Then roll them in the bread crumbs. Don’t worry if the cauliflower is only partially covered. What you are looking for is a thin coating over much of the cauliflower.
- In batches (3 or 4 depending on the amount of cauliflower), add the florets to the hot oil and fry them, turning them every so often, until they are golden brown and crisp, 2 minutes. With a slotted spoon, take the florets out of the oil and put them on plate lined with paper towels. Sprinkle with salt.
- Serve while still warm from the oil or make them ahead and then reheat in a 400F oven until hot and crispy, about 5 minutes.