As Spring is just around the corner, my mouth begins watering for some yummy salads. Given that it’s Saint Patrick’s Day month, I thought I would try something with fennel and cabbage. Make sure you buy everything organic. If you make it ahead the flavors get a chance to blend and it’s even tastier.
- 2 cups green cabbage finely shredded
- 1 cup carrots finely shredded
- 1/4 cup fennel finely chopped
- 4 TBSP chopped green onion
- 3 radishes sliced
- 1 cup peaches pitted and diced
- ½ cup roasted pistachios or slivered almonds
- 3 Tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/3 cup extra virgin cold pressed olive oil
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Choc Zero maple syrup (made with monk fruit)
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil, finely minced
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Combine all the salad ingredients, except the peaches, in a bowl and toss thoroughly.
- Put all the salad dressing ingredients in a jar, cover with a lid and shake until mixed.
- Pour the dressing over the slaw and toss. Cover and place in refrigerator and let set for 30 minutes.
- Toss slaw one more time and add the sliced peaches, roasted nuts, and fresh basil if desired.