Addictive behaviors come in many shapes and sizes… Gambling, drinking, food, sex, shopping, even binge watching your favorite Netflix series – anything you think you NEED to make you feel “better.”
Addiction is often a response to numb the pain of difficult memories, experiences or feelings – but the truth is, we are not meant to hide from the upsets of life! Instead, we need to dig deep and digest these moments – so we can grow in wisdom and experience true liberation through recovery.
Join Dr. Keesha and Regan Claire as they explore “The Popcorn Effect” and how it ties into addiction and recovery. In this episode, they’ll take a deep dive into what fuels addictive tendencies, the importance of healing out loud, and discover the truth behind common myths about alcohol.
Tune in to learn more about:
- [00:24] – Dr. Keesha explains “The Popcorn Effect”
- [04:53] – Is addiction supported in our society?
- [10:50] – The truth about WINE and your HEALTH
- [17:11] – “The Popcorn Effect” and drinking
- [20:06] – Debunking myths about alcohol
- [24:05] – Regan Claire reflects on her recovery
- [31:12] – Something every parent needs to hear!
- [37:17] – The importance of digesting experiences, memories & feelings
Prefer video? Watch the full interview below: