Have you ever heard someone refer to a traumatic experience by saying “that was the best thing that ever happened to me”? Heartbreak, trauma, and betrayal are necessary parts of human life… It’s the journey of compassion, curiosity, self-confrontation and a real commitment to growing that can bring forth so much healing!
In this episode, Dr. Keesha and Regan Claire will explore the important role that trauma plays in post-traumatic growth and why finding motivation in misery is key to the pathway from innocence to wisdom.
- [00:46] – Understanding post-traumatic growth
- [08:36] – Dr. Keesha talks about power in the “drama triangle”
- [12:50] – Steps to post-traumatic growth
- [16:55] – The detox/retox rollercoaster
- [20:00] – How do we learn skillful responses?
Mentioned in this episode:
Prefer video? Watch the full interview below: