- 2 large bunches of dinosaur kale
- 2 large avocados cut into small chunks
- 2 apples diced
- ½ purple onion finely sliced
- 2 lemons juiced
- ½ cup organic olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 4 tsp raw honey
- 2 large bunches of fresh basil
- Ground pepper to taste
- 2 cups raw pumpkin seeds
- Cook the pumpkin seeds in a dry wide skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly until lightly toasted.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Remove the kale from its stems and discard the stalks. Chop the kale into bite sized pieces and place in a large bowl with half of the lemon juice, ½ tsp sea salt and 2 TBSP of the olive oil. Massage with your hands well until the kale is softened, about 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Slice the onion, avocados, and apples. Toss together with the kale mixture and your freshly made dressing. Serve with a topping of toasted pumpkin seeds.
Place the basil, remaining olive oil, lemon juice and salt, pepper and honey in a blender. Mix until liquefied.
Dr. Keesha Ewers, PhD, ARNP is a Doctor of Sexology, Psychotherapist, is board certified in Functional medicine and holds an advanced certification in Ayurvedic medicine, and is the founder and medical director of the Academy for Integrative Medicine Health Coach Certification Program.
Dr. Keesha has been in the medical field for over 30 years. After being diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis—an incurable disease according to Western medicine—she discovered how to reverse autoimmunity using her Freedom Framework® Method, which she has now used with thousands of her own patients and teaches to her health coach students in her online certification program.