- 4 boneless, skinless free-range chicken breasts
- 5 cups chopped butternut squash
- 3 tablespoons ghee, melted
- 12 cups mixed organic greens
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted, and cubed
- 1/2 cup raw tahini
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 6 tablespoons water
- garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place the halved (with seeds removed) butternut squash on a baking sheet face up. Coat with a mixture of the melted ghee, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper & 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder. Roast in the oven for 25 minutes.
- While the squash is baking, coat both sides of the chicken breasts with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Heat 2 tablespoons of ghee in a frying pan over medium heat. Once the pan is hot add the chicken and cook all the way through. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a blender combine the raw tahini, lime juice, apple cider vinegar, water, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper & ½ teaspoon garlic powder. Blend thoroughly and then toss into the greens.
- To assemble your bowl start with the dressed greens, then add the squash, a sliced breast of chicken, and your chopped avocados. You can get creative and add any other vegetables, spices, seeds, or even edible flowers. This is my favorite spring meal and it looks and tastes different each time. Try it with riced cauliflower, roasted beets, braised asparagus, steamed broccoli, baked sweet potatoes, chopped cilantro, an over easy egg on top…you get the picture 😊.