Paleo Thanksgiving Rolls
- 1 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 ½ tsp baking powder
- 4 beaten eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 TBSP melted coconut oil
- 2 TBSP melted ghee
- ¼ tsp each of garlic, rosemary, thyme (adjust to your taste buds…I love savory so I go with more)
Mix the almond meal, coconut flour, salt, spices and baking powder. Beat in eggs, water, and coconut oil. Pour into greased or lined muffin pans. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Brush with melted ghee mixed with a little salt and garlic. Delicious!
- The turkey bits (neck, heart, liver, giblets)
- 1 TBSP ghee (for browning)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp sage (or more if desired)
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 3 cloves of garlic crushed
- 2-5 cups bone broth
- turkey pan drippings
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 TBSP arrowroot starch
To gauge how much bone broth to use, count your guests. Plan on 1/2 cup per guest and that’s how much broth you will need as the base of your gravy.
Melt the ghee in a pan on medium heat. Add the turkey bits and brown them for a few minutes. Next, add the chopped onion and crushed garlic and simmer until the onions soften, about five more minutes. Add the broth and bay leaf, and bring it to a gentle boil; reduce the heat to low and let it simmer while the turkey cooks (at least two hours).
After the turkey is done and resting, add your pan drippings to the broth and simmer until the turkey is carved and ready to be served. Add the coconut milk 10 minutes before sitting down to dinner. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the arrowroot starch in a little water and add to the gravy with more spices to taste. Serve immediately
- 12 ounces of fresh cranberries
- 1 orange, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1 apple, diced
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup or coconut nectar
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp ground anise
- Pinch of sea salt
Mix water, cranberries, orange, and apple pieces in a pan and simmer over medium heat, stirring often until the cranberries start to split open.
Stir in maple syrup, salt and spices.
Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring often.
If you prefer a smoother cranberry sauce, blend all the ingredients until smooth.
Chill and Enjoy!
Paleo Mashed Cauliflower (potatoes)
- 3 medium-sized heads of cauliflower, chopped into florets (about 4 ½ lbs.)
- 1 quart bone broth or chicken broth
- 9 roasted garlic cloves
- 1 TBSP fresh thyme leaves
- 1 TBSP fresh chives, chopped
- 3 TBSP ghee
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
Bring the broth to a boil. Add the cauliflower florets. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cover, allowing the cauliflower to cook until fork tender.
Transfer the cooked cauliflower with broth to a Vitamix or your blender. Add the roasted garlic cloves, ghee, and seasonings and whip until smooth. So delicious!
- 1lb ground pork sausage
- 5 pieces of bacon, diced
- 5 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, diced
- 2 apples, diced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup dried, unsweetened cranberries
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ⅓ cup bone or chicken broth
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place diced sweet potato sprinkled with olive oil and sea salt and pepper on it and bake 20 minutes or until tender.
In the meantime, begin to heat bacon in skillet. Add the apples, onions, garlic and celery when there is fat in the skillet to cook them in.
Add the sausage and vinegar when the onions are translucent and cook it through until no pink remains. Add salt and pepper.
When the sausage mixture is cool, add the beaten eggs, broth, cooked sweet potatoe, cranberries and pecans and stir together into a 13×9 inch baking dish. Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes or until brown. Enjoy!
- Paleo Blueberry Peach French Toast Casserole - August 2, 2022
- Trauma as the Missing Piece of the Autoimmune Puzzle - July 1, 2022
- Paleo Air Fryer Cauliflower Bites - July 1, 2022